We’ve heard it all, my brakes are squeaking or what is that grinding sound when I come to a stop? These sounds are good indicators you may need new brake pads and possibly rotors too. Your brakes may also show a number of other signs that you need your brakes checked:
• Spongy brake pedal
• Noticeable change when you push on the brakes
• Car pulls to one side when braking
• Car vibrates when applying the brakes
• Car takes longer than usual to come to a stop
• Emergency brake is on or you have a serious drop in hydraulic pressure.
• Sticking brakes
• Touchy brakes that grab with the least pressure.
• Requires extreme pressure to make brakes function
• Pedal nearly touches floorboard before brakes function.
• Dashboard brakes indicator light glows amber
• Dashboard illuminates problems with the anti-lock brake system (ABS)
• Dashboard light is red, indicating a system imbalance With a complete brake evaluation, Auto Mechanic Shop, Inc. can determine just what your brakes need for better stopping power.
Your brakes are one of the most important components of your vehicle. This is why we only use high-quality parts when repairing your brake system back to its original specifications. We test drive every vehicle to ensure the entire braking system is operating properly.
What is the cost of new brakes?
Your brake system consists of several different parts that can be repaired individually. Each car will vary on price due to different parts cost for all different types of vehicles, as well as varying labor cost. This is why Auto Mechanic Shop, Inc. does not give you a quote over the phone or online. When you bring your car in we perform our systematic brake evaluation to determine exactly what brake repairs are necessary. Auto Mechanic Shop, Inc. will provide you with an estimate before starting any work, and no work is ever performed without your understanding and approval. Remember, your brakes will be repaired by a certified ASE technician and will be backed with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on everything we replace.